Phone book and newspaper advertising is dying and local online search is exploding.
- 54% of consumers say they replaced the phone book with the Internet
- 1.8 billion searches made by consumers looking for local businesses every month
- 43% of searches on Google include a geographic identifier like a city or a zip code
- 70% of Internet users report using search engines to find a local service
- Offline sales influenced by consumers’ online browsing and research will increase by 12% over the next five years
Organic and local search outperform paid search
- 85% of searchers don’t click on paid links
- 77% of search users choose organic over paid listing when searching
- 40% of SEO campaigns achieve ROI in excess of 500%, while only 22% of PPC campaigns were able to achieve this value
- Organic search results are 8.5x more likely to be clicked on than paid search results.
- Over the last year, Pay-per-click (PPC) costs have grown 37% and they are continuing to rise.